KidStock 2010 — Hamilton Lauraville Comes Alive!

For kids who want to rock and roll all night, and potty every day….

It’s morning at KidStock and we are just hours away from a great afternoon. The tents are rising, the storms are likely “scattered,” and good times are ahead. We’ll see you there!

If you’ve arrived here from Mayor Rawlings-Blake’s newsletter, thanks for stopping by! Lots of good info under WHAT IT IS and WHERE IT’S AT and for those of you on Facebook, please friend KidStock and register for the event if you’re coming! And either way, please spread the word. We’re well tented and indoor/outdoor so come on by!

We have moved the Shuttle Parking lot at Morgan State from the north end of campus to the larger “Lot Y,” the Visitors’ Lot behind the Carl Murphy center off Argonne towards the south end of campus. Details are here.

This week’s Rawlings-Blake review leads off its Events section with KidStock!

With one day to KidStock, weather reports are showing a 60% chance of a perfect day and a 40% chance of a little rain and thunder. We have many tents and indoor/outdoor capacity at the Garrett Heights school, so we’ll be at full strength whatever the weather. We’ll see you there!

Detailed parking and shuttle info is now available on the Where It’s At page. There are lots of convenient options to get those of you who are driving in and out of the ‘Stock.

We should have the parking map up tomorrow but the story is pretty straightforward for KidStock parking:

The lot at Garrett Heights will be partially cordoned off for use as part of the event itself; limited parking will be available there but will likely be gone before noon. So we have options:

There is ample on-street parking a few blocks to the south on Cold Spring Lane and a few blocks to the north on Echodale (which becomes Belvedere further to the west).

We are also making use of the northernmost lot of Morgan State University, about a mile west of the event. This is the lot just north of the Engineering building. We will have two bus shuttles running between that lot and the Garrett Heights festival grounds. These shuttles will also likely be making brief stops on Echodale and Cold Spring, though the walking distances in those cases are only a couple blocks.

Those attending are welcome to drop other friends and family members at Garrett Heights (we will have an off-street drop zone) and then park in one of the areas mentioned above.

In addition to the main stage and second stage acts, KidStock also welcomes interactive activities hosted by our NorthEast Schools Alliance schools, rugged fun with Outward Bound, Sunday in the Park with The Walters Art Gallery, clay play with Baltimore Clayworks, yoga with Welcome Om Hatha Yoga, and more to come. And it’s all free, except for the food!

We’ll be adding a link to this in the WHAT IT IS section shortly.

MAIN STAGE

Kinderman — 1 pm

Milkshake — 2:30 pm

Uncle Pete — 4:15 pm

SECOND STAGE

Joe’s Backpack Puppets — 12:00 pm

Tracey Eldridge w/Jon Glik — 1:45 pm

Little Maestros — 3:30 pm

And there are plenty of other things to do when you want to take a break from the music!

8 1/2 x 11 PDFs of our new color and grayscale flyers are available for your reproductive convenience via links at the BOTTOM of our Media Resources page (see menu above). These new flyers list ALL stage acts and provide more info on the event.

Core design is by the amazing Todd Brizzi; graphically imperfect additional information towards the bottom isn’t his fault! ; )

Powered by WordPress Web Design by SRS Solutions © 2014 KidStock 2010 — Hamilton Lauraville Comes Alive! Design by SRS Solutions